Digital Marketing and Advertising Compliance
Influencer marketing... user reviews and testimonials... endorsements. These are all powerful tools in the marketing toolkit, but they now expose marketers to new risks and scrutiny by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or your industry regulator, such as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The good news is that you can mitigate those risks.
Firms that provide financial services, including fintechs, are often familiar with working in a highly regulated environment, but these new marketing regulations are not only for fintech. They go far beyond and affect any marketers using these digital marketing tools.
Two new important changes have emerged and need to be addressed:
- The FTC has made fintech one of its 2020 priorities, so in addition with potentially more familiar banking and finance regulators such as the SEC, fintechs now need to understand the requirements of a separate regulatory body.
- Even if you are in an industry that is less heavily regulated than financial services, you now face potentially greater scrutiny, and will be held accountable for complying with FTC advertiser and influencer regulation.
Did you know that the Federal Trade Commission can investigate and penalize both advertisers and influencers?
InnReg is a practiced hand in the world of compliance and outsourced compliance operations. We can help marketers like you first by creating your internal policies, rules of conduct, and processes, and then by reviewing and monitoring influencer activity on your behalf.
We offer it all in one convenient package that puts our robust compliance experience at your service.
Even if you’re not familiar with compliance or never needed compliance review for your marketing in the past, you need it now to avoid steep fines and embarrassing bad press.
Instead of worrying about it or trying to figure out how to remain compliant, InnReg works for you as an outsourced extension of your team.
You don’t have to learn about FTC compliance by trial and error. Instead, work with InnReg and protect yourself.
What we do
- Internal policies and procedures: We rigorously define policies and procedures that make sense for your marketing processes.
- Rules of conduct for influencers: We give you written rules of conduct that protect you against potential influencer violations (intentional or unintentional).
- Influencer onboarding process: We develop and manage the process for getting your influencers up and running while following the necessary requirements.
- Compliance review of marketing initiatives: We assess each campaign and plan is assessed for potential risks and violations – and in addition, we review current and past campaigns to remediate any compliance issues.
- Monitoring of influencer activity: On an ongoing, day-to-day basis, we review Influencer posts and activity on all relevant channels for compliance – in other words, we work as your compliance department.
Compliance Regulations Insights on Digital Marketing Compliance